Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Blessing

Last Sunday was a special day. Avaree Elizabeth was put in her first "white dress." As always, we were cutting it close with time. We arrived at church and I ran to the mother's room to put on her dress. My mom was in the room with me handing me wipes and a diaper. I had to move quickly, for sacrament meeting was about to begin. Even though I was rushing on the outside, I was taking in every moment on the inside. Looking at her sweet little rolls on the inside of her legs. Touching her soft, curled up toes. Letting her grasp my index finger for just a second. And kissing her little button nose and tiny, pink lips. This day is a special day for us. She is receiving a blessing from her father, who holds the priesthood of God. This marks the journey for her through life. With every challenge and bump in the road, the Lord will be with her.

As I had my moment in the mother's room, I saw the future. I saw my sweet little girl, putting on her white clothes and being laid in the waters of baptism. And for a moment, I saw her in the temple of the Lord, so beautiful. I saw my mom in there with me, helping me place her veil on and slipping on her shoes. Trying to touch up her makeup through the cloudiness of my tears. And giving her a kiss before she walks into the sealing room with her future husband.

What a blessing it is for me to have the gospel in my life and even more, to have a husband that worthily holds the priesthood. It is a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I love the first picture! You are making me SOO regret not taking pictures of my boys alone on such a special day. Well, I guess we can look forward to the future. Maybe you can help me to remember! Love ya

    ReplyDelete