Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flyin' Old School


I had a moment that mattered most the other day. Terry got Isabella her first bike. He has been wanting to get her one for a while now. She woke up from her nap and found it in the front doorway.



After much excitement, consisting of jumping up and down, climbing on the bike, and asking daddy to push her around, she said, "It's just like the missionaries! YAY!" You see, we have had the missionaries over our house at least once a week due to Terry's new calling in church. They usually travel to our house with their bikes. That little statement of hers meant more to me than she will ever know. I think of this quote: "Diligently doing the things that matter most will lead us to the Savior of the world." Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Having those missionaries in our home has been such a blessing to our family. What a wonderful spirit they have. If you would like to have that same feeling, have them over your house. I promise you won't regret it. Go here.

Isabella has been giving me those "aha" moments a lot lately. She has been reaffirming me that I am actually teaching her things and she is learning. As a mother, those moments mean so much to me because I feel like I am actually accomplishing something. As a mother, it is hard to feel accomplished. There is never a moment where you can say, "I'm finished and look what I have done!" Even when my children grow up, I will never be finished being a mother. But, in those special moments, you realize that you are actually doing something that is rewarding. I am happy to know that it will actually pay off in the end. That will be when eternity begins...

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute...loved your comments..gotta love those Missionaries...

    ReplyDelete