Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cruisin' and Snoozin'

My sweet little Avaree is now three months old! Please stop growing up! My sweet little Avaree is putting up a fight when I put her to bed. Before actually falling asleep, she cruises in her crib and I often find her on the opposite side from where I laid her down. I went in to wake her up from her nap one day and saw this:



I looked at a four week old baby on Sunday and could not believe that my sweet little girl was that tiny at one point. Why does time have to go by so quickly when you want it to slow down? My sister gave a talk in church on Sunday that was so moving. We need to be involved in what matters most. Time will move forward and we will look back at our grown children and wonder, "What just happened?" Although, sometimes I feel like I try so hard to live in each and every moment that I get nothing done throughout the day and I go to bed with dishes in the sink and toys spread throughout the house. But atleast I got to see Avaree reach out and grab a toy for the first time and dance with Bella while she sings, "I like to move it, move it."

I know one of these days, my house will be perfectly organized and categorized, with hundreds of books in their proper place and dirt and dust swept away daily. But those will be the days when there are no longer little children crawling around and toys strewn across the house. I am going to live in the moment and worry about the dirty bathroom tomorrow, or the next day.

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and fits perfectly in the position. Last night was a rough night with Claire and this morning I found her sleeping sitting up with her back against the crib. I wish I would've taken a picture.
    ps. I remember Claire wearing those stinkin socks and they would never stay on her feet either!

    ReplyDelete